247 East Second Street

Bowers Hospital

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

Bowers Hospital:

 

Now a vacant lot on the northwest corner, this modest building built ca. 1895 sat on this spot as a small private hospital first owned and operated by Canadian-born Dr. Isaac S. Bowers, who also served as Perrysburg's mayor in 1888 - 1889 and as a member of the school board. 

The exact year this structure was built is unknown, but it was known as the Tyler residence in about 1911. Quite possibly the wing on the left was an addition.

hospital

247 East Second Street

Over its 40-year existence under different ownership, it became Community Hospital, then later Perrysburg Hospital. 

The building was razed in 1965.

slide up button