28523 East River Road

The Edward Ford House

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The Edward Ford House:

 

At one time, sitting far back from a formal entrance off the East River Road, this manor house occupied the estate called Graystone  built in 1927 for Mrs. Edward Ford.

The house is of Tudor or Jacobethan Revival style and was designed by Toledo architects Mills, Rhines, Bellman & Nordhoff. 

The style was popular in this country from the late 1800s through the 1930s.

It emphasizes gabled roofs, elaborate chimneys, and the familiar half- timbering, which mimics medieval in-filled timber framing.

house

28523 East River Road

The Tudor entrance is set within a gabled projection with a bowed bay window, and on the right side at ground level are narrow stone-mullioned leaded glass windows. 

Like others along this part of the East RIver Road, the rear of this house offered an excellent view of the river. 

Carrie Ross Ford, a Zanesville, Ohio, native for whom the city of Rossford was named,  was the widow of Edward Ford, founder of what became Libbey-Owens-Ford Glass Company (later Pilkington Glass Company and then Nippon Sheet Glass, Inc.).

The home was demolished in 2008.

slide up button