331 East Second Street

Grace Evangelical Church

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

Grace Evangelical Church:

 

Built in 1846 by Jacob Hufford (spelled “Hoffert” on his tombstone in the small cemetery at the corner of Avenue Road and Wyandot Place) from timber harvested from his own property, this building holds the record for unbroken longevity as a Perrysburg house of worship. 

Now the Maranantha Chapel of the Pentecostal Church of God, it began as Grace Evangelical Church. Various rooms and extensions have been added over the years. The original denomination united with the Methodist Church and built the larger Grace United Methodist Church on East Boundary in 1959.

church

331 East Second Street ca. 1910

window

Left Front Stained Glass Window

church

331 East Second Street ca. 2007

 

slide up button