Louisiana and Indiana Avenue

Second Schoolhouse

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4





small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object


Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

Second Schoolhouse:


In 1868, nearly 20 years after it was built, the original school building structure was enlarged and drastically remodeled to this version with three stories, a new bell tower, and brick outer walls. It had six classrooms, a laboratory, an office, and two recitation rooms. In 1894, the school burned down. Rebuilding began quickly, and classes continued in the Town Hall in the interim.


Louisiana Ave between Indiana and Fifth Street


slide up button