Walnut Street at Indiana Avenue

The Town Hall

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The Town Hall:

 

Built in 1872, this classic Victorian building designed by Toledo architects Rumbaugh and Fallis was the product of the fierce rivalry between Perrysburg and Bowling Green to be the county seat. After fire destroyed the abandoned courthouse here in 1872, and while the results of an earlier election on the move were being challenged, citizens quickly raised money to build and offer this building free of charge. It was 101 feet long, 69 feet wide, and had a slate mansard roof and a 65-foot tower. 

A second county vote, whose procedures were also questionable, still favored Bowling Green, so township offices were moved into the ground floor, and the name became Township Hall and later, Town Hall.

town hall

Walnut Street at Indiana Avenue

 

slide up button