209 Louisiana Avenue

The Schlect Building

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The Schlect Building:

 

Two destructive fires in 1891 and 1900 cloud the records as to who exactly was responsible for replacement of the original building with this Commercial Colonial Revival brick building. 

It’s history is traced to 1900 when William J. Schlect was using the right side of it, first for his father’s earlier harness, collars, whips, farm implements, wagons and buggies business, and still later as the agency for Ford cars, beginning with the Model T.  William Schlect was born and raised in Perrysburg. His son, Eugene Agustus “Gus”, continued the business while residing at 120 East Fifth Street.

building

209 Louisiana Avenue

 

slide up button