220 East Second Street

The William Barton House

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The William Barton House:

 

Historic inventories suggest that this house was built in the 1860s, but it could have been built later by dry goods merchant William Barton whose family lived in it until 1918. The original symmetrical part of it contains the usual wide frieze board, return cornices, and sidelights and pilaster-like door surround. 

Barton was an Englishman by birth. While enroute to Perrysburg from England via Buffalo, he lost 14 relatives in the sinking of the G. P. Griffith steamer on Lake Erie in June 1850.

house

220 East Second Street

 

slide up button