27340 West River Road

The Aurora Spafford House

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The Aurora Spafford House:

 

Built in the 1820s by the son of Perrysburg founder Amos Spafford, this simple Greek Revival house is called a “half-house” (two and a half rooms deep with a Shaker-type interior) by the Ohio Historical Society. 

The house was moved a few feet from its original foundation during restoration by the owner. Otherwise, it appears unaltered on its lot in the Spafford Land Grant just west of Fort Meigs and above the extinct river town of Orleans of the North. 

It was the meeting place in the 1820's for the area Methodist congregation.

It is in the process of being restored and will be the home of the Perrysburg Area Historic Museum.

house

27340 West River Road

 

slide up button