30267 Hickory Hill

The MacNichol Estate House

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The MacNichol Estate House:

 

George P. MacNichol Jr., a glass industry executive, built this house in 1921 on an estate he called Orchard Bend just outside of town. Designed by Mills, Rhines, Bellman & Nordhoff of Toledo and built by the Carl Ruck Construction Company, it makes use of Queen Anne and Tudor details best appreciated by viewing all sides.

 Half-timbering is visible at the lower left in this picture. The river side has a combination of patterned brick, half-timbering and stucco and an interesting use of windows and dormers. Landscaping was done by A. D. Taylor of Cleveland, and the interior was designed by Hester Mills of New York City. MacNichol, whose grandfather was Edward Ford who founded what was to become Libbey-Owens-Ford Glass Company, came here from Wyandotte, Michigan. He grew up in Toledo but moved here when other prominent Old West End families chose East River Road for their permanent homes. 

house

30267 Hickory Hill

house

West Side View

 

slide up button