340 West Front Street

The Douglas House

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The Douglas House:

 

This Italianate –style brick house was built in 1874 by Joseph D. Lindsay as a wedding present to his granddaughter, Mrs. James L. Douglas. Her father, Daniel Lindsay, lived next door at 348 West Front Street.

It has a hipped roof and a variety of multi-paned windows, most with segmental arches. The original front porch was removed and the lower front window replaced with a picture window. The front door is flanked by fluted Doric pilasters topped with a broken pediment with a centerpiece urn. The rear of the house has been enlarged, with the first floor walls of brick and the second of wood. 

Little is known of the Douglas family, who later left Perrysburg.

house

340 West Front Street

 

slide up button