420 East Front Street

The Veitch House

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The Veitch House:

 

In 1906, two-term mayor and long-time merchant William J. Veitch built this pattern-book Queen Anne house. A turret-like dormer faces the front and an indented frieze with dentil-like blocks is in the left gable, with decorative brackets in the right one. First floor walls are of clapboard and the second of shingles. 

After a time in a Toledo wholesale grocery firm, Veitch bought the William Barton dry goods store, which he operated for more than 40 years while contributing as a civic leader. 

house

420 East Front Street

 

slide up button