426 West Front Street

The J.H. Thornton House

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The J.H. Thornton House:

 

This house is associated with the John H. Thornton family, operators of a brick factory that supplied brick for many of the early commercial and residential structures in the area. 

Built ca. 1870, it has a dominant front gable with a carved vergeboard under which the ground floor windows are tall and narrow.Two almost side-by-side doors may indicated that the left wing is an addition – although one door could have been a so-called “funeral door” to accommodate a casket.  Thornton joined his father, who could have been the builder of this house, in the brick business and in time headed the company.

house

426 West Front Street

 

slide up button