566 East Front Street

The Bates House

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The Bates House:

 

This house, constructed ca. 1855, once sat at what is now the Kazmaier Grocery parking lot at the northwest corner of Elm and East Second Streets.

It is associated with the pioneer John Bates Family. 

Italianate in style, it has typical details such as a symmetrical shape, hipped roof, and wide overhanging eaves. The full porch is supported by slender posts with scrolled brackets.

John Bates came to Perrysburg in 1835 and was a long-time Wood County treasurer and township trustee. 

house

566 East Front Street

slide up button