904 Sandusky Street

The Seiling House

portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3 portfolio4

 

 

 

 

small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object

 

Supporting the preservation and appreciation of Perrysburg's historic architectural heritage

get in touch

The Seiling House:

 

Records are vague about who built this former farmhouse ca. 1885, but one owner attributes it to Christopher Seiling, who acquired the property in 1873 and built it for the Dr. Henry Roether family. A rambling cross- gabled structure, it has porch posts containing decorative scrollwork, corbelled chimneys, a cut- stone foundation, and numerous windows.

 Now surrounded by houses, the farm was the site of the Loomis family's Homewood Dairy, which delivered milk by horse and wagon and was the first in town to pasteurize its bottled milk. It was bought by Babcock Dairy of Toledo in 1946. 

Until about 2003, the large barn and silo behind the house still existed. Now well inside the city limits, the site was one of several outlying working farms in Perrysburg. 

 

house

904 Sandusky Street

barn

 

slide up button